[gnugo-devel] safety_3_10.1c

From: bump
Subject: [gnugo-devel] safety_3_10.1c
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:45:43 -0700

I've put up a third and hopefully complete version of my patch.

One part of my idea is that we can use arend_3_10.2a but that
we can tune strategic attack/defend moves separately different cases:

(1) Dragon is not surrounded;
(2) Dragon is surrounded, strategic defend move is inside surround area;
(3) Dragon is surrounded, strategic defend move is outside surround area;
(4) Dragon is not surrounded, strategic attack move surrounds.

Case 3 can be subdivided depending on whether the move safely connects
to the dragon. The tunings are likely to be different in these three
cases.

In this version of my patch, the new file is renamed surround.c.

There are three globally visible functions, with autohelper and
gtp analogs, called is_surrounded(), does_surround() and surround_map().

The surround map is the map of the convex hull and its expansion,
which is cached when it is computed. Up to 10 surround maps can be
cached.

- new file surround.c
- new is_surrounded(), does_surround() and surround_map()
- new gtp functions is_surrounded, does_surround and surround_map
- new autohelper macros is_surrounded, does_surround and surround_map
- new command line option --decide-surrounded

Dan