Re: [gnugo-devel] code cleaning

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] code cleaning
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 22:33:05 +0200

Paul wrote:
>   - old tree is now freed on succesful sgf loading (no or less memory
>     leaks in play_ascii.c).
>   - trees are alse freed when sgf tracing is finished in gtp mode.

Good. This has been missing for long.

>   - board is cleared in fixed_handicap command in case the handicap is
>     invalid (say, tried to place 8 stones on a 16x16 board).

Oops, that command is indeed broken but this change is not correct for
GTP version 2 since a failed command should never change the board
state. This should be possible to solve with
store_board()/restore_board().

>   - some parts of play_ascii.c are reorganized (if started with -l
>     option, don't load that file _each_ time a new game is started).

Good. That behaviour never made sense to me.

/Gunnar