[gnugo-devel] GNU Go 3.2 Problem

From: Rodney Topor
Subject: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 3.2 Problem
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:57:33 +1000

I'm not a developer, or even a strong player, so I can't offer a diagnosis or correction, but in a game I just played against GNU Go 3.2 on Goban, it made a terrible - apparently easily avoidable - mistake. I'm sending you the game record as an attachment in case you wish to diagnose and correct the error. The final error was that GNU Go did _not_ play H9 on move 54, and thereby lost 12 stones and the game. In fact, GNU Go could have saved this large group by playing C9 or G9 or H9 at any earlier stage but chose not to, despite the fact that I wasn't making any particularly strong threats.

(Otherwise, congratulations on making available a wonderful program.)

Rodney Topor
Brisbane, Australia