Re: [gnugo-devel] Patch: Strategic effect for strategic attacks and defe

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Patch: Strategic effect for strategic attacks and defenses
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:12:45 -0400 (EDT)

Dan wrote:

> My intuition is that the strategic effect should be higher for B and E.
> Yet for this testsuite, I found little sensitivity for those two parameters.

I think we shouldn't draw too many conclusions yet, before some of the
obvious deficits of the surround.c code are solved.

E.g. in my experiment nngs:47 failed, because currently the dragon at D16
is considered not surrounded (this is similar to a problematic position
I posted, in that the break-out direction is towards the edge). This problem
should be solvable, and once that is done the regression breakages might
already be a lot more meaningful.

Arend