Re: [gnugo-devel] Lack of files in CVS \gnugo\patterns\

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Lack of files in CVS \gnugo\patterns\
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 23:25:48 +0200

nando wrote:
> Paul wrote:
> > i can see several possible solutions:
> > (...)
>
> I don't think so. We just need to check in and out files for what they are

sorry, you don't think how?

> - .dsp are plain text files, that is
>     LF ending in *nix world (which is useless, of course)
>     CR LF on Win32 platforms
> - .dsw are binary files which don't/shouldn't get CR/LF-LF converted

what version of vc++ do you use? i have text gnugo.dsw in both linux and
old windows gnugo working directories, here is an excerpt:

- excerpt --------------------------------------------------------
Project: "board"=.\engine\board.dsp - Package Owner=<4>

Package=<5>
{{{
}}}

> I have no idea why .dsp files have CR LF line endings in the repository,
> but this is wrong. And if somebody configured its cvs tool to force .dsp
> files to be treated as binary, then it's also wrong, unless we consider
> that everyone has to do the same wrong thing, in which case the problem is
> solved.

as far as i understand what you are proposing is exactly `the next to
the best' solution in my mail. or not exactly?

Paul