Re: [gnugo-devel] A bug?

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] A bug?
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:37:00 +0200

> [...]
>
> ***assertion failure:
> D:\gnugo-3.2\engine\board.c:861 - board[pos] == EMPTY near D8***
>
> [...]
>
> However, if the above is not a GNU Go problem but an error within the SGF
> file gGo saves,
> please let me know so I can fix this.

Here is the problem with the .sgf file:

> ;B[eq]
> ;W[cp]
> ;B[dl]AB[dl]
> ;W[lq]
> ;B[dr]

The third quoted line tries to place a black stone over another one which
has just been played. Actually, this file is only "bad style" according to
SGF specification, but we find it easier to treat such files as erroneous.
You may delete the AB[] tag. This will make GNU Go happy and won't change
the actual contents of the file.

Paul