RE: [gnugo-devel] score_3_16.1

From: Portela Fernand
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] score_3_16.1
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:17:35 +0100

I wrote:

> There is currently a good number of inconsistencies regarding score
> estimation. Following patch fixes a couple bugs and (hopefully) makes the
> code consistent, e.g. the pair of parameters is everywhere (&upper,&lower)

Since then, I've been running some twogtp games and I'm noticing a strange
phenomenon : very unbalanced results in black's favor. I hadn't paid too
much attention to the code in score.c, but now that I look at it, I'm
wondering about something. Isn't there an else-branch missing on line 454
of score.c ? (please compare lines 359-382 with 435-454)

Just in case someone knows that code well and can reply quickly, it would
spare me some time of analysis of unfamiliar code.

/nando