RE: [gnugo-devel] nando_3_16.5.tar.gz

From: Portela Fernand
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] nando_3_16.5.tar.gz
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:28:15 +0100

Arend wrote:

> I've added this to CVS; I added a couple of alternative moves for some
> of the owl tests.

Thanks.

> > After this, I'll keep quiet for a while on this front. :)
> I hope you don't :-)

Well, just the time for me to try to solve some of these cases ;)

> > +#CATEGORY=OWL/OPTICS
> > +loadsgf games/nando/auto010.sgf
> > +12 owl_defend L17
> > +#? [1 K19|L18]
>
> The correct way to write this is
> > +#? [1 (K19|L18)]

Oops, gotcha.

> > +# Either the reverse followup or the constraint of EE106 is
> > +# wrong IMHO
> > +#CATEGORY=ENDGAME
> > +loadsgf games/nando/auto012.sgf 112
> > +16 gg_genmove white
> > +#? [!D1]
>
> I agree that there are bigger moves on the board (e.g. M18), but the
> reverse followup seems correct here. Black C1 would be sente, and D1 is
> worth 6 pts.

My point about the constraint of EE106 is that it only checks that an X
move would be sente, but it doesn't check whether O can block on the first
line or not. In situations like those described by the EB716 pattern for
instance, I would definitely agree with that reverse followup value, but
unless I missed something, the constraint of EE106 is different.

/nando