[gnugo-devel] Re: bug?

From: Paul Miller
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: bug?
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 18:23:18 -0500

OK.

I got a really good answer to the question below.  I've
upgraded to 3.3ish.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I have one more question.  I wish to show the dead stones
after the game is over.

I know i should be using gtp... But I'm not.

if you were to:

sh$ wget http://www.voltar.org/gnugo/sgf/105.sgf
sh$ echo dead | gnugo --level 1 --quiet --mode ascii -l 105.sgf

It shows all stones as dead...  :(

If you were then to:

sh$ gnugo --level 1 --quiet --mode ascii -l 105.sgf

black(58): force pass
white(59): force pass

You'd get:

Segmentation fault

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My existing code is noticably not gtp, but it's already
working.  Nevertheless I'm not opposed to gtp (or other)
hints that I could use to sort out this problem.

I did try introducing a new command in the play_ascii.c that
would CMD_PASS twice then go to endgame(), but I had little
luck.  It didn't show anything as dead.  Not the same as
ending the game and doing a count anyway.  Advice here would
be helpful also...  Unfortunately I already (stupidly)
deleted my modified .c ;)

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat
is swimming.  32 jumps, 6.7 minutes of freefall, 14.3 ff miles.