Re: [gnugo-devel] size of windows executable Gnugo

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] size of windows executable Gnugo
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:30:33 -0400

max-d wrote:
> Currently , i have  5 GnuGo versions
>
> 3.0= 2.48 mb
> 3.2 =3.92 mb
> 3.3.16=3.12 mb
> 3.3.19= 1.96 mb
> 3.3.20= 757 Kb
>
> Many thanks to Teun Burgers who gave me the 2 last ones.
> They seems to work well (although i have  some crashes with 3.3.20 too ) ,
> but i have trouble to understand the huge size difference.
> Are any data missing in the 3 unstable versions ?

the current size of gnugo binary without debug information should be
around 2.6 mb. probably Teun used some executable compressor for the
last binaries.

the amount of data since 3.2 has probably grown up. however, the data
is now stored more economically (including dfa size reduction of
factor 5-6).

Paul