Re: [gnugo-devel] make --experimental-break-in default

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] make --experimental-break-in default
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 23:18:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, SP LEE wrote:

> The program is considerably slower with the break-in code. Will you consider
> to turn on and off this functionality dynamically by some smart decision
> code? For example, if the time left is long enough, or if there is a large
> and weak opponent territory on board.

I think currently the best way is still to find some speedups. I.e. I
haven't tried to add some truncation heuristics in readconnect.c yet,
which could speedup the search significantly.

Also I could try to restrict to, say, the 4 biggest territories on the
board etc. (Currently it tries all that have size > 10.)

Arend