Re: [gnugo-devel] some tests

From: SP LEE
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] some tests
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:58:33 -0700

> At the end of the message, is a sgf file from 3.3.16 lv 10 playing against
> itself at
> lv 12 (game 35 : lv 10 won by 133.5)
> after 187 = G12 , all gnugo versions have trouble to analyse the
> the M16 group even when they are asked precise questions
> eg = 1 L19(*owl_defend  M17*)
> which is wrong !
> The problem is fairly easy
> i have already see Gnugo solving much more complex problems.
> md.

I don't think this problem is easy enough for gnugo.  This would be in the
category of "big eye with a cutting point on the edge". There will be many
variations inside the eye which gnugo doesn't consider much. I have also see
gnugo had similar problem in one of my game posted earlier.

Of course, when I tried "owl_does_defend N19 M18", the answer was yes, too.

SP Lee