Re: [gnugo-devel] dfa transformation optimization

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] dfa transformation optimization
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 00:14:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 address@hidden wrote:

> > are we going to have a tuning period before 3.4?  it is better to
> > do optimization after all dfa patterns are in.
>
> We need to specify a point after which only bugs are fixed.
> That can be after 3.3.23.

I think Paul's question was aimed at whether he should rebuild the .dtr
files now -- if there are still owl tuning patches coming, then it is
better to do that after they are in.

I'd suggest that we rebuild the files now -- unless someone hollers
right now that he has an owl tuning patch pending.

> At this time maybe we can agree to avoid any patches that
> require autoconf changes or vc_repairs.

And generally non-intrusive and safely looking, of course.

Arend