Re: [gnugo-devel] New logo from Ebba Berggren

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] New logo from Ebba Berggren
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:07:51 +0100

On Jan 7, 2004, at 3:54 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:

http://sporadic.stanford.edu/bump/logo-3.6.jpg

My two cents: it seems to me that the field in the
Penguin should be white (snow, where the Penguine lives)
and the Penguin must have a white breast and black
head. This means that the background of the Gnu must be
black, and something like the lower left picture is
optimal. Maybe the contrast could be improved by some
tweaking.

I like them a lot. I think I prefer the designs with a penguin on the black stone, even if that makes less sense as Dan pointed out (or can we say that penguins live in semi-darkness half the time?).

The Go theme is more obvious on the grids (on the right) than the diagonal squares, but maybe not as elegant. On the straight grid, the proportions do not seem right: the stones should be larger. The opposite is true on the larger design which is quite nice nevertheless.

In the end my choice would be between the large design and the penguin on white.

marco