Re: [gnugo-devel] Help needed for savannah CVS access

From: aquarius
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Help needed for savannah CVS access
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:05:56 +0100

Hi,

First: what's the error message?

 - If cvs talks about pserver or rsh, just do a: - without the single quotes
   'export CVS_RSH="ssh"' at the shell prompt, then use something like
   'cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gnugo co -r rel-3-5-2 gnugo'
   or
   'cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gnugo export -r rel-3-5-2 gnugo'
   or
   'cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gnugo update -r rel-3-5-2 gnugo'

   Be sure to use the -d:ext:<user>@ ... option!

 - If cvs complaints about "no write access" or so to any cvs special file:
   Try to completely delete/move away your working copy and cvs related
   local files and directories and do a fresh checkout.

I use MinGW/Msys (without cygwin) - but Msys seems to be included
in CYGWIN - right?

I have MinGW-3.1.0-1 (plus runtime-3.2 upgrade), MSYS-1.0.9 and msysDTK-1.0.1
installed; the msysDTK (Developer Tool Kit) seems to bring me cvs and ssh
support
(X:\mysys\1.0\bin\ssh.exe exists.)

for me the following works:
1) I click on the Msys-rxvt-Icon in Startmenu
   (this calls X:\msys\1.0\msys.bat with working directory X:\msys\1.0\bin
    to start up the wonderful rxvt.exe of Msys and setup my "Msys-unix" env.)
   So I have a "GNU-unix-shell" on windows with $PATH and everything right.

2) I 'cd $HOME/src/gnugo' (a.k.a. 'cd ~/src/gnugo' ), then I do
   'export CVS_RSH="ssh"' and can use the cvs commands as above.

Summary :-)
   Be sure to use the -d:ext:<user>@ ... option!
   It may help to completely delete/move away your working copy and cvs related
   local files and directories and do a fresh checkout.

hope this helps,
happy GO - ing
   aquarius