Re: [gnugo-devel]GNU Go-HT [was Re:GNU Go 3.5.3]

From: max-d
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel]GNU Go-HT [was Re:GNU Go 3.5.3]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:43:20 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: <address@hidden>
To: "GNU Go development" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re:GNU Go 3.5.3

> The cosmic option was only turned on by default for one release,
> namely 3.5.1. This release coincided with GNU Go's decline on
> NNGS (except the first precipitous drop, which came during 3.4).
> The rating started to recover immediately after 3.5.2 was put out.
>
> You can still get cosmic GNU Go as a configure or command line
> option. It gives a style that tries to build moyos in the center
> but you have to be really strong like Takemiya to play such a style.
> Cosmic GNU Go builds moyos that are full of holes and easy to break up.

Reading this , i'm afraid my comments were not understandable (as usual,
sorry!)...
I just think Cosmic did well vs go++ but i don't like it for the same
reasons You and Gunnar pointed out.
I also think (i said) that 5.3.3-no cosmic tends to adopt some
cosmic-like  fuseki style .
Btw , i also said in my previous post that HT is a useful tool to reveal
GNU Go mistakes and also that it should be possible to have GNU Go
scoring 100% against HT.
Saying that , i omited to add that revealing mistakes is not a big deal ,
fixing them being an other thing  !
(I don't even ignore that)

In anycase ,and waiting  for GNU Go 4.x.x to score 100%
here are the final test results

GNUGO_353 95
HANDTALK 52

65%  (gg 3.4 got 54%)