Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 3.5.4 command line

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 3.5.4 command line
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:24:12 +0200

max-d wrote:
> it seems that the 3.5.4's command line string length is too short.
>
> i launch :
>
> stderr gnugo_3_5_4.exe --quiet -level 10 -M 16 -l
> C:\cygwin\home\max\gnugo-3.4\regression\games\_perso\g5.sgf --replay
> white -o debug\replay.sgf
>
> and i get
>
> "Invalid replay color: whi"
> this does not occur with GNUGo 3.4

This is of course not something to be blamed on GNU Go, it is a problem
with your system.  I can do the following here:

[paul 15:18:35 twogtp]$ ./gnugo-3.5.4 --replay
whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii\
> iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii\
> iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii\
> iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii\
> iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii\
> iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii\
> iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite

and it does say "Invalid replay color: whiiii...iiite" (dots were
inserted by me, not GNU Go).  I. e. command line is not truncated.

> It seems also that the replay mode has no care of the -level and -M
> parameters.

Why do you think so?  They should be used regardless of mode and are
handled in the engine itself, not by interface code.

Paul