[gnugo-devel] GNU Go on IGS

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go on IGS
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:16:03 +0100

Hello all,

I haven't seen it mentionned here, but I just noticed that 5 GNU Go robots are now playing on IGS. From the 'help gnugo' file:

"GNU Go is a computer program to play Go with. GNU Go is running on IGS-PandaNet as the accounts 'Robot1' to 'Robot5' and available for all players. Playing with
GNU Go offers a good practice for Go beginners.
To play a game with GNU Go, you first need to join the 'BEGINNERS' room. Playing
with GNU Go is only available inside this room.
[...]
GNU Go is copyrighted by the Free Software Foundation.
Please visit the GNU Go webpage at http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/gnugo.html";

They have a rank of 12k, but no official rating (and it doesn't look like their games are rated).

marco

Marco Scheurer
Sen:te, Lausanne, Switzerland   http://www.sente.ch