[gnugo-devel] various stuff

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: [gnugo-devel] various stuff
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 13:49:50 +0200 (CEST)

The "WDR" (part of the big public television corporation in Germany) is
producing a short (~ 6 min) contribution on go and computer go for a
science magazin. [For German speaking readers: It will show in "NANO" on
3sat in the 2nd half of August, watch out at www.dgob.de for an
announcement if you want to watch it.] They visited me this week and
filmed and interviewed me. Yes, they also filmed me "in action" while
programming; ever seen a vi-window in close-up view on TV, eh?

As a side effect, I now own a copy of MFGO 11.0 and Go++ 4.1. MFGO comes
with support both for GMP and running MFGO as a client on IGS/NNGS
(thanks to David Fotland!), so it should be easy to set up test matches
if we are interested. I can also try to set up Bettygo to run matches vs
Go++.

I don't remember whether I have mentioned that I am now running a robot
on KGS, "TheGNUGo". I won't have it running 24hours a day, but still
very regularly, I hope. I will most likely keep it running with current
CVS versions. If someone wants to have an experimental patch tried out, I
could also throw it in.

Arend