Re: [gnugo-devel] help about resignatioin

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] help about resignatioin
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 21:49:53 +0200

On Aug 29, 2004, at 22:25, Arend Bayer wrote:
This reorganizes the help strings a bit (added examples, moved detailed depth
settings to debugging options), and adds entries about resignation.

+       --never-resign    Forbid GNU Go to resign\n\
+       --allow-resign   Allow resignation (default)\n\

Aren't these are in fact defined as --resign-allowed and --never-resign ?

On my Mac:
zylphia:~ phink$ ./gnugo --allow-resign
./gnugo: unrecognized option `--allow-resign'
Try `gnugo --help' for more information.
zylphia:~ phink$ ./gnugo -v
GNU Go 3.5.10

(and wouldn't --resignation-allowed and --resignation-forbidden be more consistent?)

Following Arend's request about support for resignation in clients on the GTP mailing list I just remembered that Goban has had in fact built-in support for resignation for quite some time... Is there a quick test to make GNU Go resign? I've been trying 9x9 with 9 handicap stones, and it passes after a few moves.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks,

marco