[gnugo-devel] Re: FSF

From: Eric
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: FSF
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:31:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- Dave Denholm <address@hidden> wrote:

> Perhaps I misunderstood ?  But you did say that you
> didn't want to
> give away 6 years worth of development ..?

Yea, I've been developing an AI Planning system for 6
years now ;-)

I want to use the planner to improve GNU Go, but I'm
getting the dickens, because I will not release the
source code.

Actually, I wasn't being quite honest when I said I
didn't want to give away my effort. The truth of the
matter is that there are lots of other applications
for AI Planning (most of them military) and I believe
that scientists share some (small) responsibility for
making sure that the technology they develop doesn't
fall into the hands of evildoers.