[gnugo-devel] strange cache behaviour

From: Martin Holters
Subject: [gnugo-devel] strange cache behaviour
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:04:18 +0200

Hi!

I am experimenting with the problems in James Davies "Tesuji", trying to
teach GnuGO some nice moves. While doing so, I have run across some
puzzling behaviour. (Because of copyright issues, I don't feel like
posting the sgf. Q6 is the correct answer. For the curious having the
book: It is problem 5 on page 27.)

loadsgf  games/elementary/tesuji27_5.sgf
= black

1 clear_cache
=1

2 owl_attack Q5
=2 0

3 clear_cache
=3

4 owl_attack Q5
=4 1 Q6

Leaving out 1, still =2 0 and =4 1 Q6. However, leaving out 2, then =4
0.

Am I right to suspect some cache initialisation/clearing problem here?
Or is there a good reason for this behaviour?

/Martin