[gnugo-devel] Getting rid of all unnecessary dragon stuff

From: Jahn-Takeshi Saito
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Getting rid of all unnecessary dragon stuff
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 16:08:24 +0200

Hello,

my name is Jahn-Takeshi Saito from Osnabrueck. A couple of weeks ago I used GnuGo as basis for implementing a Monte-Carlo Go approach. I'm currently running experiments with that, but I wonder wether I could further speed up the whole program.

The point is that I do not need most of the GnuGo-engine information; in particular I don't require any of the dragon code, unless it is necessary for scoring. I got rid of most of that code, but I wonder, whether there is more I can throw out without loosing any of the board.c functionality (play_move() in particular. May be there is some more elegant way to just switch off the dragon-prcessing.

I was wondering if anyone could look at the code of my board.c and dragon.c and tell me if I can still make it any faster. I appreciate any kind of help!

Cheers,

Jahn.

--
Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/m2/