Re: [gnugo-devel] TCP/IP connection built into GNU Go?

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] TCP/IP connection built into GNU Go?
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:09:59 -0200

Dan wrote:
> Paul wrote:
> > Remaining is a proper `configure' stuff.  Any volunteers?
>
> I suppose you mean you want to be able to set
>
>       OPT_GTP_CONNECT
>       OPT_GTP_LISTEN
>
> by configure --gtp-connect=... --gtp-listen=...
>
> Is that what you want?

No.  Just socket functions are not very portable, so it would
be wise to make some `configure' tests for headers and functions.
Also, it seems that on Solaris one needs to compile with certain
libraries.  On other systems (i.e. GNU/Linux) the functions seem
to be in C library, and so no additional `-l' flags are needed.
We can also provide an option to compile without socket support.

Paul