Re: [gnugo-devel] fyi, new home for gnugo.el

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] fyi, new home for gnugo.el
Date: 30 Oct 2004 12:32:40 -0400

Douglas Ridgway <address@hidden> writes:

   I tried downloading gnugo.el from your site, and loading it with the same
   method as described in the GNU Go manual, ie. putting

   (autoload 'gnugo "/path/to/gnugo.el" "GNU Go" t)

   in .emacs. M-x gnugo results in the error message "Symbol's function
   definition is void: puthash". Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Both
   interface/gnugo.el and interface/gtp_examples/gnugo.el do work when
   started this way. Emacs version 20.7.1, GNU Go 3.5.something.

i have just uploaded version 2.2.3, available in dir:

http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/ttn-pers-elisp/standalone/

it provides substitutes for the functions:
 - gethash
 - puthash
 - make-hash-table
 - delete-dups
 - time-subtract
these functions are available in some versions of emacs (notably,
the "cvs emacs").

there is also newly-added experimental support for handling "resign"
either by GNU Go, or by typing `R' (when it is your turn to move).
if this version works for you, please let me know so that i can update
the "tested with" portion of the Commentary.  (note: xpm display will
certainly not work w/ Emacs 20 since that general capability was only
introduced in Emacs 21.)

thi