Re: [gnugo-devel] small plays at the end of the game

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] small plays at the end of the game
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 01:41:23 +0100

David wrote:
> Why is it that GNU Go has move evaluations  of 0.0 for all possible
> moves at the end of the game, but it has a specific best move? This
> quirk resulted in SlugGo making end game errors because I had not
> expected that GNU Go would do that.

Best move according to what and move evaluations according to what? I
guess you're seeing unevaluated moves which would have been valued -1
or so if they had been evaluated. Generally speaking and for various
historical reasons only moves valued strictly bigger than zero should
be worth playing.

/Gunnar