[gnugo-devel] KGS computer Go tournament

From: Evan Daniel
Subject: [gnugo-devel] KGS computer Go tournament
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:31:25 -0500

Nick Wedd is organizing a computer Go tournament on KGS, next sunday
(March 6).  Details:

http://kgs.kiseido.com/en_US/tournInfo.jsp?id=75

Would we like to enter an official copy of GNU Go?  I think we should,
but I'm not really able to organize it since my computer will be busy
(assuming I'm entering my progam...).

I plan to enter my metamachine program (mentioned on this list in the
past, now named GoFigure).  It makes use of GNU Go for the majority of
its intelligence and move generation, but builds substantially upon it
and plays significantly better (though slower).  Are there any
objections to my entering?  I don't want to enter the tournament
making use of GNU Go if there objections.

Evan