Re: [gnugo-devel] Memory leak analyse

From: ridderman
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Memory leak analyse
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:03:36 +0000

>> I want to known the way that two GnuGo play game each other in the Windows.

> Presumably either of twogtp, twogtp-a, twogtp.py, and twogtp.pike in
> the interface/gtp_examples directory should work, assuming that you
> have Perl (for the two first), Python, or Pike installed on your
> computer. I don't use Windows myself but maybe those on the list who
> do can tell what works for them.

First of all hello to all of you... this is my first post. I just stumbled upon
Go and GNUGo and it seems like a wonderful game and a wonderful project. I hope
to get my hands dirty soon.

I was able to run twogtp.py after a few modifications. First you must install
Python of course. I was unable to run the script from the command line so this
hack worked for me. Put two copies of GNUGo in the same directory as twogtp.py.
Edit that file using IDLE (right click the file) and scroll to the bottom where
you see the default values of the command line arguments. Change white and
black (black = "gnugo_360.exe --mode gtp" for example) and whatever else you
want. You'll notice that the script outputs sgf files in the same directory for
viewing.

I'm going to use this script to learn more about different GNUGo configurations
by playing it against itself. I'm curious if 3.7.2 is better than 3.6 and how
much the levels make a difference. Can anyone tell me what the highest level
is: 12,15, 99???

Thanks,
Nate