[gnugo-devel] Re: GNUGo/kgsGtp Bug report

From: William M. Shubert
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: GNUGo/kgsGtp Bug report
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:44:23 -0800

I think in this case, kgsGtp is doing the right thing, but I could be
misunderstanding how "undo" works.

My understanding is that each undo undoes exactly one move. So, if black
plays, then white, then the engine gets "undo", it should undo *only
white's last move*.

It looks like in this case kgsGtp sent an undo, and gnugo's next move
was on top of the last stone *before* the un-done move.

It is possible, though, that kgsGtp sent two undo's for some reason.
Nick, please run in verbose mode (which prints all communication between
kgsGtp and the engine), then if this happens again we'll know for sure
where the bug is.