Re: [gnugo-devel] switching to multiple boards

From: Evan Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] switching to multiple boards
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:20:18 -0400

On 4/15/05, Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> wrote:
> > If a board synonym is needed, how about goban?
>
> I like it more than `b' as I prefer something more or less meaningful.
> I dislike names like `b' very much, even if they save typing.
>
> Maybe Arend could say something?  So far we have had little agreement...

I would vote for goban.  Of the things suggested so far it's my
personal favorite, but it also has another advantage:  if the code is
written using 'goban' then the search and replace is truly trivial to
change it later.  I think getting the code written is by far the most
difficult and important piece of this; worry about naming details
later.

Evan