Re: [gnugo-devel] get_level()

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] get_level()
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 18:16:38 -0700

> This has always been a somewhat questionable feature (can it be
> considered cheating to help the engine to modify it's level during the
> game?) and I strongly doubt it's being used by anyone.

I forget the exact reason that prompted it, but I think
the purpose was to be able to change the level after the
game was started in Cgoban. It reads the level from a file.
Otherwise there would be no way to change the level during
a game.

I agree that it is obsoleted by gtp engines, so let's
take it out.

Dan