[gnugo-devel] A candidate move problem.

From: CCamp81318
Subject: [gnugo-devel] A candidate move problem.
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:58:37 EDT

If your interested:

    I have never seen the GnuGo candidate move list include what is a standard reply in double wing formation positions. When a player has made an extension in both directions from a 4-4 stone it is frequently correct to enclose the corner, i.e., With a stone at Q4 and extensions around K3 and R10 a move like Q3 or R4 should at least be considered. I have included an SGF file as an example. I am not saying that it should be the move selected, but it should certainly be a candidate.

Keep up the good work!
CTC
(;GM[1]FF[4]AP[glGo:1.3.1]ST[1]

SZ[19]KM[6.5]