Re: [gnugo-devel] patterns

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] patterns
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 09:41:27 +0200

David wrote:
> Because of a move that was suggested to SlugGo in one of the 9x9
> games in the last KGS tournament, I have been reading the
> documentation on patterns and do not see any examples of the sort "DO
> NOT MOVE HERE. under condition Z" I see reference to a comment property
>
>       `0' - antisuji (`A' can also be used)
>
> but it seems to only be a comment, not an attribute that the engine
> could use. Or I am misunderstanding the doc ...

I hope this comes from the documentation of the joseki database. There
the comment property in the sgf files is used to mark different types
of moves and is interpreted by the joseki.c program which translates
them to .db files. In those the "DO NOT MOVE HERE" patterns receive
the N attribute (see e.g. pattern JK42 in kosumi.db), which after
matching is converted to an antisuji move reason near the end of
joseki_callback() in engine/shapes.c.

Outside of the joseki database, antisuji moves are marked with the
antisuji action, e.g. in pattern AS2 in patterns2.db

Pattern AS2

?XO     don't play double hane at the edge
XO.
*..
---

:8,-

?XO
XOa
*b.
---

;!oplay_attack(*,a,a) && oplay_attack(*,a,b,b)

>antisuji(*);

As a further comment almost all antisuji patterns in patterns.db and
patterns2.db are probably too general.

/Gunnar