[gnugo-devel] Does GO development version supports EBCDIC encoding?

From: Ab Cde
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Does GO development version supports EBCDIC encoding?
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 07:29:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I downloaded the development version of GO and attempt to run it on mainframe, which uses EBCDIC encoding, but I encountered several runtime problems. I have even tried with the compiler option -qascii & -qchars=signed but the program still fails.  By any chance, does GO support EBCDIC encoding? Or is this a known portability issue? Thanks.