Re: [gnugo-devel] PhD on GnuGo

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] PhD on GnuGo
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 01:33:44 +0300

Grzegorz Leszczyński wrote:

> I'm a student from University of Warsaw, Computer Sciences. Currently I'm
> on the fifth year of studies and I'm writing my Physical Degree paper on
> GnuGo.
> I want to analyze the program and tries to upgrade something in it. Because
> of
> that I'd like to get access to everything that is needed to work on GnuGo.
>
> Until now, I installed CygWin, GnuGo, compiled it and everything is working. I
> need to install patches and an access to database. As I saw on the GnuGo web
> page, the program database is in CVS. Could You tell me what more I need to
> fully become part of the development team? It would be nice if You give me
> all
> instructions in details (I never worked with CVS... but worked with
> SourceSafe).

Try `cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gnugo co gnugo' from
the command line.  It will create a directory named `gnugo' with the sources in
it.  A GUI client should work too.

You don't need anything special to become part of the development team.  Just
post patches (`cvs -u diff' should be enough to create them) to Trac tickets
(side note: how comes Trac is not linked [in an obvious way] from the site?)
or here.

Paul