Re: [gnugo-devel] configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH (Mac

From: Stuart A. Yeates
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH (Mac OS)
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 21:32:09 +0000

If I understand correctly, you got this message after downloading the source for gnogo and trying to configure it for compilation? (If not, ignore the following advice).

Configure has failed to find cc (the conventional name for the c compiler on UNIX systems) on your system. It looks in several places, plus $PATH.

The normal solution to this is either to download binaries for your platform (which don't need compiling), or to install a c compiler.

cheers
stuart