Re: [gnugo-devel] eyespace reading

From: nando
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] eyespace reading
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:52:05 +0200

On 3/29/07, Gunnar Farnebäck <address@hidden> wrote:
Have you tried this on an actual board position? The first case has the
eye graph "...!" but in the second case the topological half/false eye
analysis should detect both a false eyepoint and a halfeye on the edge,
and the eyespace segmentation should find ".h!" which is translated to a
graph matching eye pattern 448 for a 0011 value.

With the example given by George, it seems that what you say would
happen, but only if find_half_and_false_eyes() would be allowed to
test eye vertices that have more than one neighbor in the eyespace.
This is currently not the case, and changing that may very well
generate a heavy performance penalty, since topological_eye() can be
quite expensive...

Or maybe we could try to change something in
compute_primary_domains(), but I'm doubtful this is feasible or even
that it would actually help here...

-- nando