Re: [gnugo-devel] hi

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] hi
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 23:29:00 +0200

[This message was mistakenly held in moderation for a long time, making
this reply kind of late.]

djh brown wrote:
> i did some thinking about computer go ages ago. starting to become
> curious again.  found your documentation awkward to read, as its at
> rather a detailed level.  are there any papers on gnu go that will
> give me a broad picture of how it works quickly?

No.

> does it make use of any of the ideas mentioned by wilcox and/or by brown?

I have to confess I'm not up to speed on what ideas they mention. The
only one I recall is Wilcox' sector lines, which are not used (although
there's some code detecting surroundedness which is somewhat similar).
Please remind me of some of those ideas and I can tell whether they're
used.

/Gunnar