Re: [gnugo-devel] regressions and bugs

From: Emanuele Cisbani
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] regressions and bugs
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 02:07:16 +0100

2007/12/5, Gunnar Farnebäck <address@hidden>:
[...]
> In this case which is already settled PASS is an allowed
> answer but also other moves which bring black further ahead in the
> semeai are accepted.
[...]

If black play A9 or C9 reduce his territory by one.
For this reason the best move IMHO should be only PASS.

Ok, I accept that black remove the ko threat of withe.
And we can assign to this move a value >= 1.

But on this assumption we should accept also withe
ko treath like valid moves:

2 analyze_semeai A10 A11
#? [0 0 (PASS|A12|B12|C12)]

Sorry, but where is my mistake?

-=-

Second question: the first test

1 analyze_semeai A11 A10

has this result:

1 FAILED: Correct '1 1 (PASS|A9|C9)', got '1 1 F9'

Do we need a restricted_analyze_semeai function?
:-)

-=-

I will look at semeai.tst for better understanding the
usage of analyze_semeai function.