[gnugo-devel] blunder:36 fails

From: Terry McIntyre
Subject: [gnugo-devel] blunder:36 fails
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:09:12 -0800

I just checked out the CVS and compiled it, using

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gnugo co gnugo

Would this include the latest modifications, Gunnar?

In any case, I ran regress.pike, and got an unexpected failure:

address@hidden:~/gnugo/regression$ ./regress.pike blunder
blunder:36      FAIL H5 [J4|H3|J3|H2|J2]
blunder                                 11.54   3958409    4165    18107
Total nodes: 3958409 4165 18107
Total time: 11.54 (11.55)
Total uncertainty: 4.19
1 FAIL

blunder:36 is:

loadsgf games/blunder25.sgf
36 restricted_genmove white H5 J4 H3 J3 H2 J2
#? [J4|H3|J3|H2|J2]

Saved the game after white played H5, and ran gnugo -t --decide-dragon
H5 on that game:

address@hidden:~/gnugo/regression$ ../interface/gnugo -t
--decide-dragon H5 blunder25_H5.sgf
finished examine_position
owl_attack H5
Pattern VA9 found at H3 with value 45
Variation 0: ALIVE (2 or more secure eyes)
H5 cannot be attacked (1 variations)
owl_defend H5
Pattern VA9 found at H3 with value 45
Variation 0: ALIVE (2 or more secure eyes)
H5 is alive as it stands

This is incorrect. Gnugo 3.7.10 has the same error, as does a cvs
version from a few days back.

Once black plays H3, gnugo correctly recognizes that the dragon is
dead, and resigns shortly after.

Terry McIntyre

address@hidden