Re: [gnugo-devel] Quarry

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Quarry
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:32:22 -0800

> I don't mind though will it be really maintained?  Is anyone willing
> to actually take it?

I don't know the answer to this.

But the code looks maintainable, which is a start!
Moreover, it is a very useful piece of software.

Would you be interested in being the principal maintainer
if you had more help?

> That's true, I don't think I will regain intereset in the project.
> For post-0.2 I planned to migrate to C++ for engine and Python for
> GUI, but never released changes I made.  Might share if anyone is
> really interested.  However, that is a huge refactoring and will only
> help if anyone is really interested in finishing it.

What is the motivation for these changes? Especially, what were
your plans for the GUI?

Dan