Re: [gnugo-devel] About license for commercial iphone app.

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] About license for commercial iphone app.
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 09:58:07 -0700

I'm not sure. There is an article about this at:

http://www.fsf.org/news/2010-05-app-store-compliance

I think the FSF's view is that GPL either v2 or v3
is incompatible with Apple App Store conditions.
However most of the information I can find about
this is over a year old.

See also:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4577044/complying-with-the-gpl-in-an-iphone-app

But again this is not very current information. I'm cc:ing gnugo-devel
in case anyone knows more.

Daniel Bump