Re: [gnugo-devel] Go Algoritms

From: djhbrown .
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Go Algoritms
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 08:29:49 +1000

> 1. Is it possible? On normal student pc.

yes - but you will have to cheat by copying someone else's algorithm
because you only have 3 weeks

> 2. Can a student without know-how of Go make it?

yes

> 3. Minimal Depth is 3 or 4 for algoritms. What is the biggest field I can
>  make so my computer won't hang itself?

19x19 is ok

> 4. Will it, with questions before, have "the spirit of Go"?

no

Or will it be
> war to not allow to kill my stones.

not even that!

> 5. Maybe use it to solve tsumego not to play games.

no; it will be the same, given the very limited time and knowledge you have

--
patient: "whenever i open my mouth, i get a shooting pain in my foot"
doctor: "fire!"