[gnugo-devel] Interfacing GNU Go with Racket/Scheme

From: Sumit Chaturvedi
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Interfacing GNU Go with Racket/Scheme
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2018 18:04:13 +0000

Hello!

My friends and I (second year students) are trying to develop a basic AI for Go as a course project on functional programming (and some other programming paradigms) here at IIT Bombay. We want to implement a Monte Carlo search tree for a 9 by 9 board. Our final aim is to run our program on several different physical machines, each of which explores some branch of the tree.
We wanted to use your board object in our project as that would simplify things greatly.
The problem which we are facing is that to use libraries written in C from racket, the library needs to be a shared object rather than a statically linked library. Unfortunately, such a library is not made by the current make file configuration.
For a while, I tried changing CFLAGS macro in the makefile to add -fpic so that later I could use convert the .a file to .so file. Needless to say I failed in doing so (no pun intended. This is very sad :'( ).
Additionally, the description of API for gnugo presented in chapter 17 of the manual (gnugo.pdf) doesn't apply to our scenario. You ask us to include liberty.h and board.h. Does this mean that the program calling this API has to be written in C?
In light of all this, we request for your help in tackling these issues. Thank you for your time and wish you a great day!

--
Sumit Chaturvedi