gnuherds-app-dev

Re: About: "Never link back to the same page" -- Form pages as an except

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: About: "Never link back to the same page" -- Form pages as an exception?
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 12:10:14 +0200 (CEST)

Victor Engmark wrote:
> Davi Leal wrote:
> > When you open a web page, for example the "Register person" form, its link
> > at the menu is disabled.
> >
> > That is a problem, due to forms' pages have several states. Note that
> > menu-links were used to re-initialize the form state.
>
> This functionality should be available as a "Clear" / "Reset" (set all
> values to the ones they had when starting to use the form) button,
> wellseparated from the form, but clearly visible (
> e.g., red background, white text, and right aligned). Preferably, we should
> use Gmail-like functionality to either enable undo or warn users when using
> these buttons / links.

Note as Gmail never disables the "Compose Mail" or "Inbox" links.

My current personal opinion is that it is better do it as Gmail does, that
is to say, just keep always enabled that menu links which link to forms.

I think it is more clean than adding a new button.  Besides, I think
that enabled link is what the user expect.  What do you think?

Davi