gnuherds-app-dev

Re: Improving the JobOffer view & Offers list

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Improving the JobOffer view & Offers list
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 15:03:35 +0200

> > >   2. Should we replace
> > >        "EMPLOYER"  with  "POSITION OFFERED BY" or
> > >        "PROPOSED BY" or
> > >        something similar?

> MJ Ray wrote:
> > If this is not an employment contract (which confers certain rights
> > and responsibilities on the taker, like sick pay, quit notices and so
> > on), then it should be changed.  I'd suggest "Offered by".

> Victor wrote:
> > Another small thing: How about moving the employer type to the heading,
> > and using "Name" instead. I.e., heading like "Employer (person)", and
> > "Name: Crossland , Dave"? For any other employer types than "Person",
> > we could then use just the type, i.e., "Company" or "Organization". It
> > should be fairly obvious from the context that "Company" or
> > "Organization" is the employer (not so much with "Person"), without
> > pointing it out. I guess it's a matter of brevity vs. clarity. What do
> > you think?

Great! Mixing both proposals, using "Offered by" and moving the employer type
to the heading, and using "Name" instead.

  http://gnuherds.org/offers (Offers list)

  http://gnuherds.org/offers?id=11 (Offered by Person)
  http://gnuherds.org/offers?id=31 (Offered by Company)
  http://gnuherds.org/offers?id=38 (Offered by non-profit Organization)