gnuherds-app-dev

Re: Possible nomenclature confusion

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: Possible nomenclature confusion
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 10:57:18 +0000

On 25/11/2007, Noah Slater <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've been poking around the GNU Herds site today and it occured to me
> that the name is perhaps a little confusing. Of course the GNU kernel
> is called the "GNU Hurd" and your association's name looks /and/
> sounds the same.

I don't know how I forgot to mention... Another concern is that you
are using the GNU mark without being an official project - this is
perhaps misleading. Like calling something the Microsoft Workshop and
not actually being officially endorsed by Microsoft.

--
Noah Slater <http://www.bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman