gnuherds-app-dev

Re: Citizen - adjective for Nationality?

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Citizen - adjective for Nationality?
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 00:22:09 +0100

Chris McGinlay wrote:
> For example, my nationality is British in the sense that I am a British
> person. I think that the use of 'Briton' in this context may be erroneous
> although I stress I am not a grammar expert - just a hunch that the list
> should use the adjectives:

> http://publications.europa.eu/code/en/en-5000500.htm

Other cases where the 'Citizen' and 'Adjective' columns keep different values:

  'Briton'     'British'
  'Dane'       'Danish'
  'Pole'       'Polish'
  'Spaniard'   'Spanish'

As Chris reports, it seems we must use the 'Adjective' column of such table.
If nobody disagree I will update it to use the 'Adjective' one.