gnuherds-app-dev

Re: AGPL logo

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: AGPL logo
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 21:54:59 +0200

Dave Crossland wrote:
> Please find attached a new logo; the purple-on-red color of the
> current image doesn't look good, I think a darker red will be better.

gnuherds.org updated to use your AGPL logo. You can check it...

> The HTML hex code is #470000 and could be used for the "Download the
> project source code!" link text colour.

We are using just black #000000 to get the greatest contract with the red
background and so get such text the most readable possible:

      .notes a{
      color:#000000;
      }

 Layer-0__Site_entry_point/themes/red_Danijel/css/screen.css
 Layer-0__Site_entry_point/themes/green_Davi/css/screen.css

> This has a transparent background and the current image doesn't; the
> transparent background is better IMO.

Unfortunately Internet Explorer 6.0 does not support PNG transparency. IMHO we
should add the background, as we have done for all other images the webapp
uses.

The webapp tries to support at least:

  * FireFox 2.x
  * FireFox 3
  * Konqueror/Safary
  * Opera
  * Lynx
  * w3m
  * Internet Explorer 6.x
  * Internet Explorer 7.x

If you agree, could you add the heading background to the image and send it
again to this list; both PNG and "GIMP XCF image" formats to make it easier
any modification. Note as we keep the logo source at
http://gnuherds.org/doc/dev/logo-source/

As usual, please expose any disagreement, etc. I could be mistaken.