gnuherds-app-dev

Re: gnuherds.org down - backups?

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: gnuherds.org down - backups?
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:53:12 +0100

Hi,

Ward Vandewege contacted me some weeks ago to say that the machine GNU Herds
ran on suffered from multiple simultaneous hard drive failure and that's why
gnuherds.org is down.

Ward Vandewege wrote:
> Hi Davi,
>
> I hope you guys have backups for gnuherds.org (as we requested that you
> made), because the machine it ran on suffered from multiple simultaneous
> hard drive failure.
>
> That's why gnuherds.org is down.

So the data is lost as the backups died here with a recent system crash.

> If you send me your public key, I can set you up a new VM for you to
> restore your backups to.

I won't bring GNU Herds back because there's a sustainability/business bug.

The code survives at https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/gnuherds-app/

I'm OK and am working on other things.

Best regards,
Davi